Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This moment

Do you ever look around and think I want nothing more than this moment? Often I am so caught in the past or planning for the future that I don't stop to live, breathe, and savor. Tonight was one of a few times recently that I wanted nothing more than to be right where I was doing exactly what I was doing, and it was odd to feel that sense that there was no time better than this very moment. My dad whipped up an amazing meal, and as I sat around the table eating dinner with the family and our special guest I thought to myself, this is so amazing, I want nothing more than to live every last bit of these fleeting minutes, watching as they passed on the clock ahead. As I looked around that room I thought, this is it, this is LIVING, when you want nothing else but this very moment. I have my trials, I have my worries, and I have bad days and good but today was one of those days where everything was so clear... and I thought to myself, I am so lucky to have the life I have and to be surrounded with the people I have in my life. There is no better feeling than being content, and it is a feeling I often don't let myself feel, but when I let it in, when I realize all of the great things in my life it feels good, it feels beyond good, it makes me feel alive.